- Backyard Honey apiary services enable clients to host healthy, productive and sustainable hives in their own backyards.
- Backyard Honey apiary services harvest 100% pure, local, raw honey.
- Backyard Honey apiary services support healthy bee populations to pollinate local vegetable gardens and fruit trees. Bees pollinate over 40% of the fruit and vegetables eaten today.
- Backyard Honey supports and develops local apiary to significantly improve the vigour of local and national bee populations. Bees are integral to a healthy environment and play a key role in local, national and global food security. Poisoning bees has devastating effects on our environment and food security.
- Host a Backyard Honey hive and make a positive contribution towards stalling our worldwide bee crisis.
Backyard Honey hive hosts:
- Receive the first 10kg of honey from the hive.
- Have the satisfaction of maintaining a viable and disease free bee population.
- Ensure the pollination of gardens within an 8km radius.
- Model positive environmental action.
- Enjoy watching the bees coming and going from the hive as they work.
Benefits of buying a Backyard Honey Hive
- A complete disease free hand built 8 frame hive delivered to your property.
- Telephone support and advice.
- Apiary equipment required for basic hive inspections.
- Initial apiary training.
- Access to Backyard Honey extraction service.
- If clients decide to discontinue bee keeping within 3 years, Backyard Honey will buy back the hive and equipment.
Please contact Backyard Honey if you would like further information.